We have been working in the criminal justice system since 1998, in both the probation and prison services.
We specialise in providing psychological reports for the Ministry of Justice and parole boards, exploring the factors linked to offending and assessing the risk of of reoffending. We use clinical interviews, psychometric tests and an assessment of relevant background information to provide expert witness testimony. We have “enhanced” and CTC security clearance to undertake work for the UK’s high security prisons.
We also receive commissions to write reports for solicitors and other organisations.
Examples of the types of psychological risk assessment reports that we provide include:
- Suitability for parole / release on licence and management in the community
- Reviews for life-sentenced prisoners
- Intellectual / Cognitive Functioning (using the WAIS IV)
- Violence risk assessment (using tools such as the HCR-20)
- Sexual Violence risk assessment (using tools such as the RSVP or SVR-20)
- Domestic Abuse / Intimate Partner Violence risk assessment (using tools such as the SARA)
- Harassment or Stalking Behaviour assessment
- Personality Assessments including an assessment of anti-social features, psychopathy using the PCL-R, or personality disorder using the International Personality Disorder Examination (IPDE)
- Assessment of Mental illness symptoms (using the SCID-I)
- Intervention Assessment and Recommendations